Altarchy - Blog Post
A brief server update
I am sorry that it has been so long since I have posted. I am very, very busy in real life so I haven't had much time to dedicate to the server.
Here is a list of changes that I just pushed to Altarchy (Thank you cora for reporting some exploits)
- minetestserver has been patched to fix a coordinate exploit involving particle spawners.
- the irc mod has been patched to fix another coordinate exploit where someone could just send the bot "whereis [playername]" and get a valid answer... -.-
- The recipe for locked chests has been removed.
- the software on my VPS was updated including the kernel and web server.
- I will see what I can do to convert locked chests into unlocked chests.
- I plan to remove ownership from travelnets, however, in the meantime, I will see if I can implement a permission override that will allow everyone to remove a travelnet.
- I plan to change armor stands so that they can be griefed.
- I also plan to remove locked variants of other items if any exist after the aforementioned ones.
- I also want to install or write a mod that causes players to spawn or respawn in random locations instead of having one central spawn point. I understand that dealing with new players can be a pain but they should be allowed to play and wreak havok as well.
I hope you are all having a fantastic day.